- 1 small to medium butternut squash
- 1 small to medium red Kuri squash
- 1 small to small pumpkin
- 1 can Coconut milk (canned, not drinking coconut milk)
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and cut into large cubes
- 1 medium sweet onion- chopped
- 3 cloves, peeled, smashed, finely chopped Garlic
- 1 Tsp microblade-grated fresh ginger root or minced
- 1 Tbls microblade-grated fresh turmeric root or minced
- 2-4 cups Vegetable or Bone Broth (use more if you like it thinner)
- Good salt to taste
- GARNISH: Hemp seeds, Sage & good oil!
- Roasted squash taste way better!
- If you’re not going Vegan on this one- 1 tab of butter & 2oz. cream cheese blended in is amazing!
- Vegan- use Miyoko plant-based butter for a DELICIOUS soup- by blending in.
- You can double up on your squash- and then reserve the flesh for mash squash; shepherd’s pie; breakfast hash or use in your chaffle & pumpkin puree recipe!
Cut squash and pumpkin in half, butter and olive oil the fleshy. Place flesh side down on a parchment-lined baking pan, and roast at 375 degrees, 20-25 minutes
- Using a sharp/larger knife- cut top and bottom from all squash
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the seeds and stringy bits from each half and discard seeds (or save for roasting).
- Brush all squash and apples with olive oil and butter, season with salt and a smidge of white pepper- if desired a little coconut sugar or maple syrup is lovely
- Transfer apples and squash to a lined baking sheet and roast in the oven for approximately 25-35 minutes, or until fork-tender. Apples will need to be removed 15 minutes into baking or until fork tender.
While the squash is roasting…
- Heat 4 tablespoons oil in a heavy large pot over medium-low heat.
- Add onions and apples and sauté on medium-low heat until tender but not brown, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add turmeric stirring for 1 minute, allowing to slightly brown, then add garlic and ginger, stir for 30 seconds then add 4 cups stock; bring to boil then reduce heat to simmer.
- Once Squash is done roasting, allow to cook for 10-15 minutes or cool enough to handle.
- Scoop out squash flesh and add to the pot.
- Stir ingredients together- then working in batches puree mixture in the blender.
- Once you’ve blended all ingredients into a dreamy puree, pour the soup back into your soup pot, to warm it back up to enjoy!
- Add toasted hemp seeds, fried sage leaves and oil drizzle for garnish, yummo!
Use additional stock if too thick.
You can use a handheld immersion blender directly in the pot, but the texture is a bit gritty and not silky smooth as the blender!
Do be careful transferring mixture to the blender, it can be a bit tricky!
Velvety finish- add a tab of butter to each blender batch!
View more awesome videos and recipes at YouCanChooseHealth.com
All recipes property of Cultivating Good Inc./Chef LDD