Privacy/Terms & Conditions Policy
Your privacy is critically important to us. At Cultivating Good Inc., we have a few fundamental principles:
- We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what information on your website is shared publicly (or kept private), indexed by search engines, and permanently deleted.
- We help protect you from overreaching government demands for your personal information.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
Personal Identification Information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, place an order, fill out a form, respond to a survey, subscribe to the newsletter and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, billings/shipping addresses, phone number, credit card information,
Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously.
We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal Identification Information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
How and Why We Use Collected Information
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
- To provide our Services–for example, to set up and maintain your account, or charge you for any of our paid Services;
- To further develop and improve our Site–for example by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy or will help them to create and manage their accounts more efficiently;
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Site, which helps us improve our Site and make them easier to use;
- To measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition–for example, we may analyze how many individuals purchased our Services after receiving a marketing message or the features used by those who continue to use our Services after a certain length of time;
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our Site, protect the security of our Site, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of Cultivating Good Inc., and others, which may result in us declining a transaction or the use of our Site;
- To communicate with you, for example through an email, about offers and promotions offered by this Site we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on our Site and our products and services; and
- To personalize your experience using our Site, provide content recommendations (for example, through our Social Media Channels), target our marketing messages to groups of our users and serve relevant advertisements.
How we share information
We do not sell our Users’ private personal information.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us, or to provide their services to you. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you (like payment providers that process your credit and debit card information, fraud prevention services that allow us to analyze fraudulent payment transactions, postal and email delivery services that help us stay in touch with you, customer chat and email support services that help us communicate with you, those that assist us with our marketing efforts (e.g. by providing tools for identifying a specific marketing target group or improving our marketing campaigns), those that help us understand and enhance our Site (like analytics providers). We require vendors to agree to privacy commitments in order to share information with them.
- Legal Requests: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights, Property, and Others: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Cultivating Good Inc., third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- Aggregated or De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Site and we may share a hashed version of your email address to facilitate customized ad campaigns on other platforms.
- Published Support Requests: And if you send us a request (for example, via a support email or one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request in order to help us clarify or respond to your request.
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) protects the online privacy of children under 13 years of age. This Site is not directed toward individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that such individuals do not provide personally identifying information through our website. Additionally, we do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from anyone under the age of 13, unless or except as permitted by law. If we learn that personal information has been collected from a user under 13 years of age on or through this Site, then we will take the appropriate steps to cause this information to be deleted. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under 13 who has registered on EATMarketplace.com or you believe has otherwise provided personal information to this Site, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to have that child’s account terminated and information deleted.
In addition, we use Google Analytics to analyze our users’ use of our Site. Google Analytics provides us with aggregated data in order to help us make informed business decisions. Ultimately, Google, as a third party, controls information collected through Google Analytics and you should check and be comfortable with its privacy practices prior to using this Site. You may review information about Google’s privacy practices with respect to Google Analytics at http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it–which are described in the section above on How and Why We Use Collected Information–and we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
For example, we keep the web server logs that record information about a visitor to website, such as the visitor’s IP address, browser type, and operating system, for approximately 30 days. We retain the logs for this period of time in order to, among other things, analyze traffic to our website and investigate issues if something goes wrong with our website.
How We Protect Your Information
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our Site for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures. Our Site is also in compliance with PCI vulnerability standards in order to create as secure of an environment as possible for Users.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the Information that You Provide: If you have an account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional account information, profile information, and transaction and billing information.
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: At this time, our Site does not respond to “do not track” signals across all of our Services. However, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using our website, with the drawback that certain features of our website may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
- Close Your Account: While we’d be very sad to see you go, if you no longer want to use our Site : ( , you can close your EatMarketplace.com account. Please keep in mind that we may continue to retain your information after closing your account, as described in How Long We Keep Information above–for example, when that information is reasonably needed to comply with (or demonstrate our compliance with) legal obligations such as law enforcement requests, or reasonably needed for our legitimate business interests.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
You can usually access, correct, or delete your personal data using your account settings and tools that we offer, but if you aren’t able to do that, or you would like to contact us about one of the other rights, scroll down to How to Reach Us to, well, find out how to reach us.
The Site is hosted in the United States, and we may use service providers in the United States and elsewhere to process personal information on our behalf. If you use our Site outside the U.S., please note that your personal data may be transferred outside of your home jurisdiction to the United States and to other jurisdictions where our affiliates and service providers are located. Some of these jurisdictions, including the United States, do not have equivalent data protection laws as the European Union and other jurisdictions. By using our Site, you are agreeing that your personal data may be transferred to the United States and other jurisdictions, as explained in this Section.
Changes To This Privacy/Terms & Conditions Policy
Your Acceptance of These Terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy and terms of service. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
How to Reach Us
If you have any questions about this Privacy/Terms & Conditions Policy, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Site, please contact us at:
Cultivating Good Inc.
Attn: EATMarketplace.com Privacy
28410 Old Town Front Street Suite 112, Temecula, CA 92590
(951) 694-3663 Ext. 1005
Effective date: June 5, 2018