Mother’s Day Frenchie Recipe
Softened unsalted butter, for the baking dish
8 large farm eggs
1 cups milk
1 cup heavy cream or half and half
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon good salt
1 (1 lb. loaf) of mixed breads!
For the topping:
2-tblspn spoons butter
½ cup apricot preserve
Chocolate Chips… The world is your oyster here
- Cut bread into 1” cubes- toast in oven at 325 to dry bread out, lightly toasting it (about 10-15 minutes).
- Butter the bottom and sides of a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Whisk together whole eggs, milk, heavy cream, sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon & salt.
- Place toasted/dried bread (once cool) in baking dish and then cover with wet ingredients.
- Push your bread down into the mixture, as you want the bread to absorb liquid.
- If you see dry bread and feel there is not enough liquid- scrambles 1 additional egg with milk or heavy cream, and cover dry areas.
- Refrigerate, covered, for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350° degrees.
- Top with apricot preserve and butter, sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Cover with parchment and foil, bake for 15 minutes.
- Uncover; bake until top is golden brown and crunchy, remove from the over and rest for 10 more.
- Serve with scrambled eggs, champagne mimosa’s and a lovely bar of yummy toppings!
All recipes property of Cultivating Good Inc./Chef LDD