Easy Tuna Salad (said whole humming “Its a beautiful morning”)
1 can ‘sustainable sea’s’ pole caught tuna
1/4 cup Just Mayo *or more if you like
1 Tspn Kensington’s Grainy Mustard *or your fav
1 TblSpn Olive Oil (not to grassy in flavor)
1/2 cup chopped organic celery (use the celery leaves too… they are yummy and shouldn’t be discarded)
1 small shredded carrot
1/8 cup chopped organic parsley
1/8 cup diced white onion
1/4 avocado- sliced or smashed, whatever you fancy
Pinch good flacky sea or kosher salt
Arugula for garnish
- Mise En Place (prep everything, have it organized and ready to go)
- Smash or slice your 1/4 avocado, Reserve for garnish
- Toss 1 cup of arugula in a smidge of olive or avocado oil, rice wine vinegar and pinch of salt with cracked pepper. Reserve for garnish
- Drain liquid from tuna, pour into a Medium bowl.
- Add mayo, mustard, olive oil, to tuna, incorporate all ingredients.
- Add celery, onions, carrot, parsley, mix well, salt to taste
- Plate or bowl up your tuna salad
- Add avocado to top, then tossed arugula salad.
Viola! Easy Peasy Tuna Salad that is keto, paleo friendly!! More importantly… clean high data that rock the body.
My rough math…
Fat: 30.5 grams
Protein: 25 grams
Carbs: 6 (avocado is the highest, with carrots coming in next)
Sugar: 0.5 (mustard)
Note: you can make a big bowl, 1-3 cans of tuna, and save for snacking throughout the week!