CSA Checklist: Top 8 things to look for in your produce delivery program
CSA, or Community Supported Agriculture, involves a community of people who pledge to support a farm or multiple farms. CSA members pay for a subscription to the CSA. In return, farmers provide the members with a weekly or bi-weekly share of the seasonal harvest.
There are many CSAs available to consumers – how do you know if you’re pledging to be a member of the very best CSA? There are a few key things to keep in mind when making your decision.
1. TRULY LOCAL – all produce is sourced locally, from small family farms in Riverside and North San Diego counties.
2. FRESH – produce is picked within 2-3 days of delivery, sometimes even that morning.
3. Always free delivery!
4. Wide variety of produce because it is sourced from multiple farms.
5. Safe for your family; all produce is Organic and non-GMO.
6. Eco-conscious – less fuel emissions because all deliveries are made within a 50-mile radius. Plus, our H2U van runs on clean-burning compressed natural gas.
7. Established business; H2U is a trusted local resource in the community, founded in 2010.
8. Compassionate; H2U feeds the hungry in our local community every week.
Sign up as a member of the Harvest 2U CSA program. You’ll get these 7 benefits and more!